Signs your Wiring needs to be repaired immediately
It can be hard to imagine the effect of not having electricity on your day to day life. In every walks of life, we come across various wiring and electrical issues. Some can be easily managed by us whereas some might evoke dangers and hence you need to repair your wiring immediately.
If your wiring is old or damaged, it can cause major problems, including potential life-threatening hazards. Here’s a handy list of warning signs, helping you spot and correct problems due to outdated or potentially dangerous electrical wiring.
1. Burn Marks – If an outlet or switch in your home is warm to the touch or appears to be discolored or burnt, those are indications of unsafe wiring.
2. Fitting – One sure sign that your outlet wiring needs repair is if you plug something in and it doesn’t fit snugly or it won’t go in all the way. This is a dangerous situation and the outlet should be repaired right away. Electricity can arc from the wiring to you, causing electrical shock. The outlet can also send a surge of power that will short out anything plugged in at the time.
3. Flickering – If your lights are flickering when you use the microwave or sometimes won’t respond when you flip the switch, this is another sure sign the wiring is getting old and needs repair.
4. Tripped Circuit Breakers – If you experience tripped circuit breakers on a continuous basis, this could indicate a variety of issues. A circuit could be overloaded, which might require a circuit breaker replacement, a panel replacement or upgrade. But it might also indicate a more pervasive wiring problem. A full system assessment is the best way to get to the root of the issue.
5. Mice & Rats Infestation: If you’re dealing with a rodent problem, periodically inspect areas where there’s exposed wiring. Mice and rats frequently chew on wiring, causing it to fray and become unsafe to use.
If you notice any of the above signs or have other reasons to suspect your electrical wiring requires repair, you can reach us for a FREE inspection at 800 4236 for 24/7 service.