Water heater vs winter. How to prepare your water heater for the winter
With the entry of winter and weather to become cold, many people resort to using electric water heater. Every one should check water heater and make sure of their safety, which may lead to damage to lives and property.
Water heater is an important electrical appliance for every person during winter season, whether it is a house, a factory or a store.
In order to avoid the risks involved in using the heater, they should be installed and connected to water, and then to electricity according to instructions and with the help of a specialized technician. The heater contains all protection and monitoring devices, which are:
- Safety valve
- Indicator lamp
Thermometer measures the temperature, and it is necessary to constantly make sure that the thermostat performs its work efficiently. By the indicator lamp in heater is turned off and re-lit and the temperature must not exceed 60 degrees Celsius.
Periodic Maintenance for water heater
The importance of periodic maintenance of the heater will allow ensuring that there are no leaks of water in the heater or rust due to the prolonged use.
In addition to that regular maintenance extends the life span of the heater, and therefore it promotes safety from accidents that may occur due to neglect of maintenance.
It is also important to take into account the necessity to carry out periodic inspection of water heaters specialists in the field.
To clean the heater pan before winter, several things must be followed and noted, including:
- Disconnecting the electrical current from the heater
- Closing the cold water trap installed at the entrance to the heater
- Opening the hot water faucets to drain some water from the heater
- Removing the bottom cover of the heater
- Removing the heating unit assembly and leaving the water to fall
- Do the cleaning process and re-install the previous parts
- Open the cold water tap
- Refill the heater and connect the electricity to it
- Temperature fixed at 60 degrees Celsius
It is recommended to call a specialized technician perform all this.
Risks in using heater
What are the risks that a heater might pose?
The most important risks heater may cause:
- Occurrence of an explosion
- Chances of an electrical short
- Occurrence of electric shock because of water leakage or contact of the heater with a direct electrical current.
I better to call a reliable home maintenance company or an expert plumber to rectify it.
For all your plumbing related issues,
Call Our Toll Free No: 800 4236
Visit US: www.clairvoyantuae.com